Sunday, August 5, 2018

Retro Flourishing Phrases

 I confess I have been struggling a bit lately with the loss of my creative mojo. Looking back on what used to inspire me I remember when I used to deliver mail in the CBD of Albany where I live, and I would get excited seeing a colour combination in a dress in a shop window which I could easily convert to Stampin' Up! colours! Even more exciting was being able to match the pattern to a particular Stampin' Up! stamp set! My creative mind would be ticking over on how I could apply that to stamps, ink and paper! I would then rush home after my daily job was done and set to work in my craft room. I miss those days - having the time to create and the inspiration I gained from seeing colours and patterns in the shop windows.
 
 
Well, I am now having a go at getting that inspiration back again!
A few weekends ago I visited the 3 in 1 Markets at Claremont Showgrounds. I hadn't been for several years, and thoroughly enjoyed looking at the craft, antiques and vintage wares. I was excited to buy a few Johnson plates to add to my daughter's collection, and so I decided to use the colour combination and pattern on this plate for my inspiration. .
 
 
The Stampin' Up! colours I decided to use are Old Olive, Early Espresso, Mango Melody and Soft Suede, and the stamp set is Flourishing Phrases with the coordinating framelits which I used for the leaves. The flowers are fussy cut.  
(Thank you, Clare! x)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment